The guidelines of applying to let our properties.
How to apply for a property for let
- An application form will need to be completed, which can be obtained from Karen’s Lettings office, or by contacting the office, via, e-mail, telephone
- References will be required, details to be supplied on the application form, Employment details, credit checks, and previous Landlord, (if applicable). Please note, a guarantor, may sometimes be required.
- An application fee of £210.00 (inc VAT) is required for the first applicant and a further £60.00 (inc VAT) for subsequent tenants, at the time of application form being completed and received at the office. This is non-refundable should the tenancy not complete for any reason.
- Should a guarantor be required a further fee of £60.00 (inc VAT) is required. This is non-refundable should the tenancy not complete for any reason.
- A guarantor is required for any prospective tenants who are students, in receipt of universal credit or any other government benefits. Also for any tenants that our referencing agency request a guarantor is required.
How to arrange a viewing
- To view all our available properties, log on to www.karenslettings.co.uk.
- Once all references have been received and completed, a tenancy start date will be agreed between, agent/Landlord and, the tenant.
- Tenancy agreements MUST be signed by all tenants and guarantors.
- The first month’s rent and deposit are required in cleared funds before the tenancy start date.
Please note that keys for a property WILL NOT be handed over, unless ALL PAYMENTS ARE PAID AND CLEARED, by the tenancy start date.
Methods of payments
BACS (needs 3 days to clear), CHEQUES (needs 5 working days to clear).
CASH, please note, cash must be paid into our account by the tenant.
- All tenants are responsible for insurance, to cover their own contents, and to cover accidental damage to landlord’s possessions.
- See Home Let information at Karen’s Lettings office, for further details.
Additional fees to tenants
- Amendment Fee £60.00 (inc VAT) (Amending terms and updating the tenancy agreement during the tenancy)
- Renewal Fee £60.00 (inc VAT) Amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy agreement
- Missed Inspection Fee £30.00 (inc VAT) Where an inspection of the property has been booked and the tenant given at least 48 hours prior notice and not cancelled/rearrange the visit if not able to be present
- Future Landlord Reference Fee £25.00 (inc VAT) Collating information and preparing a reference for a future landlord or letting agent
- Pet Deposit. Returnable additional security deposit of 2 weeks rent at landlords discretion. To cover the added risk of property damage. This will be protected with your security deposit in a Government-authorised scheme and may be returned at the end of the tenancy.
- Unpaid Rent – charged as per section 5 of the Tenancy Agreement.
- Professional Cleaning (if required) £25.00 (inc VAT) per hour which will be deduced from the security deposit.
Only charged where professional cleaning is necessary to return the property to the same condition as the start of the tenancy.
Tenant method to reporting maintenance issue
- In the event of an emergency out of office hours call 07484535729